HERA s.p.a, a company of the Hera Group, together with the Municipality of Ferrara, has chosen EcoSpazio as a partner for the European Community-funded project “AIR BREAK Co-producing healthy clean commuting air spots in town” under the Urban Innovative Actions (UIA) call.
The AIR BREAK project aims to reduce air pollution by 25 percent in pilot urban areas of Ferrara through innovative approaches and new technologies to reduce pollution and improve quality of life. The project addresses challenges related to commuting, lack of urban green space, and lack of up-to-date air quality information. AIR BREAK involves the implementation of concrete and participatory actions aimed at transforming the city’s “high emission zones” into “healthy zones.”
In concrete terms, the project saw the creation of four SMART HUBS: innovative charging stations for e-bikes equipped with a number of services for citizens, commuters and tourists.
A shelter equipped with photovoltaic panels and video surveillance houses some innovative services:
- e-bikes charging;
- storage compartments for each bike charging stall;
- induction charging for mobile devices;
- 220 V and USB outlets for charging other vehicles and devices;
- wi-fi hot spot;
- bike maintenance compartment;
- locker for receiving packages;
- D.A.E. Automatic outdoor defibrillator;
- S.O.S. emergency call button H24 7/7;
- online platform for charging station management and monitoring.
Some islands are also equipped with environmental control unit for air quality monitoring.